12 Essential Things that Enhanced My Life
Some of the wealthiest people are the most depressed and saddest in the world. Having too much stuff can be distracting and overwhelming. Less stuff brings more clarity, more space, and more freedom. Still, there's nothing wrong with having shiny, new things. You don’t want to depend on things to make you happy or to define you. But you also don’t want to feel guilty when you buy something you really want or will enrich your life somehow.
In episode 40 of The Incrementalist, you will learn:
1) Just because you can afford the newest version doesn’t mean you have to spend the money. You can instead save your money, invest it, or give it to a worthy cause. That said, there’s nothing wrong with having shiny, new things.
2) Material rewards can get you to do tasks and projects that are difficult or boring. While it's better to have internal motivation and know the why behind a goal, sometimes you need a little boost from an external incentive.
3) External rewards can be a way to practice patience. You replace impulse buying with delayed gratification. You will get the thing you really want only after you’ve met a certain milestone or taken a certain action step.
4) 12 essential things that improved my productivity and enhanced my life -
- Microphone with high audio quality: Shure MV-7
- Analog Alarm Clock: Orcbeg, circular vintage, lightwoodgrain no ticking clock
- Light-blocking sleep mask: MZOO sleep eye mask
- Writing pen: Uni-Ball Signo 307
- Paper planner: Moleskin 12 Month Daily Planner, Large (5 x 8.25”)
- Milk frother and steamer: Miroco
- LED Desk Lamp with USB Charging Port, Different Color Temperatures or Moods, and Brightness Levels, Auto-Off Timer, and Multiple Angle Adjustments: TaoTronics Desk Lamp model TT-DL16
- Bluetooth wireless, mechanical keyboard: Keychron K2
- Ergonomic wireless mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S
- Advanced noise canceling earbuds: Jabra Elite 85t True Wireless Bluetooth
- Paper tablet: ReMarkable 2
- Ergonomic office chair: Steelcase Gesture
- Sebastian Brian Mehr: Album – Olemus; Song – La Nieve (hearnow.com)
Visit website: www.dyanwilliams.com
Subscribe to productivity e-newsletter
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get updates on blog posts, online courses, bonus tips and exclusive access to Empower Toolkit