Patience is a Superpower
We often get stressed and anxious when the thing we want done is not done. We want what we want now. We don’t like waiting. Patience is sometimes seen as an anti-skill that wastes time, or a sign of indecisiveness or lack of power and autonomy. But in today’s fast paced world where overwhelm is common and immediate gratification is expected, patience is a superpower.
In episode 32 of The Incrementalist, you will learn:
1) The more you exercise patience as a skill, the better you can focus, step up to challenges that require long-term commitment, and most important, slow down as needed.
2) Patience is an essential virtue for navigating uncertainty and embracing the unfinished. With the superpower of patience, we know when to keep going, when to pause, and when to quit.
3) There's no point in managing time enough to get everything done.
- You will not clear the decks no matter how diligent and deliberate you are.
- You have real limits that are not easily overcome with automation, delegation, prioritization and optimization.
- Sebastian Brian Mehr: Album – Olemus; Song – La Nieve (hearnow.com)
Check out the book: The Incrementalist, A Simple Productivity System to Create Big Results in Small Steps
Visit website: www.dyanwilliams.com
Subscribe to productivity e-newsletter
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get updates on blog posts, online courses, bonus tips and exclusive access to Empower Toolkit